The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part). Why 1001 Days?: Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Monday, August 25, 2008

#1 and #2 and #5: A day to myself (mostly).

Admittedly some of this is double-posted on Girl in the Suburbs, "I didn't go into work today because the plumber needed to work on our shower and I had an optometrist appointment (did my contact lens fitting!). So I spent most of the day getting useful stuff done: grocery shopping--after developing the meal plan (#2-see photo), cleaning the bathrooms, giving the dog a bath, all that fun stuff. I also had spent part of the weekend working on putting up drapes in the kitchen because I H-A-T-E vertical blinds and the room was in desperate need of some color." Visit this here link for more photos.

I'm also cooking a baked penne pasta dinner for Nathan and I to have our weekly sit down dinner (#1 & #5)

No comments: