The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part). Why 1001 Days?: Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Monday, October 6, 2008

#27: Another ethical dilemma from Jodi Picoult that drags you in and sucks you under.

Change of Heart Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another Picoult novel... much in the same of all her others. OK, so I've only read My Sister's Keeper in addition to this one, but I imagine they follow similar themes of legal/medical ethical dilemmas. Not saying that's a bad thing as I'm easily sucked into her stories and mostly her means of story-telling/format. Short chapters told by different characters in the story makes for a very easy and pleasurable read. I was super attached to everyone in Change of Heart and as predicted by me, found myself crying at the end and throughout the story. Definitely recommend.


View all my reviews.

No comments: